Saturday, August 14, 2010

My First Project

Well kids, here it is!

I have had this table for years, and love it dearly. It was just a crying shame it was so damn ugly. Well in the new house, it is going to be prominently displayed in the hallway and act as our key/mail table. So it was in need of a makeover for sure.

Here was the before:





I took it out back and sanded and primed on Thursday night. Then on Friday I painted 2 coats of black, then Saturday I did the silver trim and one more top coat of black on the top. Drumroll please.....



Ta Da!


I don't know why the knobs look all wonky in the picture, in reality they are perfectly straight and level. It still needs a coat of poly, but I don't have the time for that at the moment.....

But it will look much nicer now and it will make me smile every time I walk through the door :) Whatcha think?

No comments:

Post a Comment